PLANT UTILIZATION & PRODUCTION PLANNING
A food ingredients company wanted to improve its operational effectiveness by reducing time and costs on non-value adding activities like washdowns and increase asset utilization to fulfill customer orders.
Executives in Manufacturing & Supply Chain were given the task to :
- Reduce the Number of Washdowns to increase asset output & reduce water consumption from cleaning.
- Automate Production Planning to save time and resources on manual excel calculations and the inability to address unforeseen events swiftly
A combination of machine learning and classic optimization techniques were used to:
- Create a product mapping & grouping activity to identify mixes with similar properties & ingredients
- Fill gaps in the demand planning system using predictive techniques
- Create an optimization solution for planning product n the mixers and packers based on business constraints
- Create a UI for visualizing and altering constraints for use by the planner
- MRD Orchestrator with Machine learning for Optimization Problems
- Reduce Number of Washdowns
- Increased asset output by 10%